How much drywall do I need? – required drywall measurementsIf you want our drywall estimator to calculate the number of panels you need, you will have to provide it with some data regarding your room. Make sure to input the following drywall measurements:
- Room dimensions: you need to type in the length, width, and height of your room.
- Ceiling: choose whether you want to include the ceiling in your calculations.
- Room surface area: this value will be calculated automatically. Still, if your room has a different shape than a rectangular cuboid, you can also input the surface area directly into our drywall calculator. To calculate the area of some uncommon shapes visit our math calculators. Maybe one of your walls is trapezoid? Oh, and don't forget to check our circumference and circle calculators for some extravagant projects!
- Doors: you can use the default dimensions or type in custom ones. Once you type in the number of doors in the room, the drywall estimator will find their total area automatically.
- Windows: again, you can leave the default dimensions of windows or customize them. If your windows vary in size, you can also calculate the total area manually.
- Drywall panel type: choose the size of the drywall panels you are going to buy. Our drywall calculator lists most common sizes in the USA and other countries. You may read more about the different sizes of drywall in the drywall sizes and drywall thickness paragraph.