Preserve the beauty and integrity of your project
Exterior insulation and finishing systems are reinforcements for extending the longevity and supporting the durability of your project.
Contact your local DWS Building Supply location for product details and availability in your area!
Starting A New Project?
We're Here To Help!
Exterior Insulation and Finish System (EIFS) are a type of cladding system integrated in to exterior walls, providing insulation and waterproofing; and attached adhesively, mechanically or both to the substrate.
EIFS typically consists of the following components:
- An optional water-resistive barrier (WRB) that covers the substrate
- A drainage plane between the WRB and the insulation board is most commonly achieved with vertical ribbons of adhesive applied over the WRB
- Insulation board typically made of expanded polystyrene (EPS) which is secured with an adhesive or mechanically to the substrate
- Glass-fiber reinforcing mesh embedded in the base coat
- A water-resistant base coat applied on top of insulation to serve as a weather barrier
- A finish coat typically uses colorfast and crack-resistant acrylic co-polymer technology