Whether you’re a professional or DIY-er, DWS Building Supply has all of the products and tools you need to complete the job. DWS only offers the highest quality products, like Unicoat Stucco products.
Unicoat Stucco compounds and coatings are easy-to-use products, formulated for maximum durability and consistent performance.
Starting A New Project?
We're Here To Help!
What is Stucco (Exterior Plaster)
Stucco, or exterior plaster, is a versatile concrete compound with an array of project applications.
For Best Results:
While stucco is a durable cement-based material, it can still break down and weaken over time. This can occur faster, if the product is applied incorrectly or misused.
Always follow best practices when applying stucco.
Stucco Maintenance & Repair
To prolong the live or your stucco application, professionals recommend:
- Using a one-coat method (use of a base and finish layer)
- Reinforce stucco on application site (wire lath recommended)
- Apply a cement-based primer or moisture resistant barrier (for wood or light-gauge steel framing applications)
- Spray stucco with water as it cures, if the weather is very dry
- Recommended “finish coats”: acrylic finish or color coat
Stucco can deteriorate or crack over time, due to constant exposure to the elements or other external factors. When you notice damage to your stucco, it is recommended to get it repaired immediately before damage can occur within a building or home.
Terms to Know
- Cure: dry
- Moist Curing: spraying stucco with water to maintain moisture level, during extremely dry weather applications, to prevent weak and brittle stucco.
- Checking: shrinkage
- Scratch Coat: the first layer, must cure before second layer is applied
- Brown Coat: second layer, also known as the “Leveling Coat”, must cure for at least 7-10 days to shrink and allow cracking
- Finish Coat: exterior layer
Our extensive delivery fleet has the equipment and the experience to stock your delivery where you need it. Our boom trucks lift your delivery to multiple levels with ease, saving you time and effort.
We have an extensive selection of equipment to complete your project. From concrete and plaster machines to compressors and spray machines, we have what you need to get the job done right.
We can custom match any interior or exterior coating, plaster, and paint to any color specification for your project. Visit any DWS Building Supply location to meet with a tinting specialist and learn more!